Friday, May 29, 2009

ONE week old






Well how fast a week goes i cant even believe it!! I just would like to say as well that you girls who "choose" to have a c-section are CrAZY!!! I would rather have 10 babies than have one c-section the recovery has been so horrible!! But this to shall pass i guess right. Axton is doing well we had a very hard day today, he still has a large PDA and so they started him on a new medication and we will do another echo on monday of his heart then we will know if we will be going to Utah or Boise for surgery we are hoping no surgery but we will see on monday. I did get to breastfeed him yesterday twice and he latched right on and went to town for like 5 minutes i was so glad he will be a good little eater!! her are some new pictures of him they change so much even in a week oh yeah he went down to 3lbs 13oz and he now weighs 4lbs 4oz again so that is good he is gaining so good thank you everyone for your help I apreciate it so very much and we love you all!!

10 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh Kami! He is soooo precious! I hope everything goes well for him on monday! I'll definitely prayer for no surgery! I can tell that you're having a rough time at this recovery stuff. I have no idea, but I could only imagine! Call me if you need anything!

~Cmac~ said...

He is so CUTE!... and quite the little trooper (just like his mommy). You guys are in my prayers.

Mel said...

Scheduled C-sections are soooo different than emergency ones. Trust me. I feel for you. Good thing this is you last,right? It took me a while to decide that my desire for Brogan to have siblings was stronger than the memory of my recovery. :)

TheTerry's said...

So everyone else up there must know the whole story, but i don't. what happened? why did you have to have an emergency c-section? what exactly are the complications with darling little Axton? he is six weeks early, right? i'm so sorry! that must be such a scary experience. isaac was emergency c-section as well. and with the pregnancy i have placenta privea which means a scheduled c-section. i hope you feel better soon! good luck, you're in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

He's very cute! I can't believe how little he is! I hope everything is going well, we will pray for you guys!!!

Jake and Tauni said...

Kami, congrats on the lil tike! My prayers are with you. My sister in law had a 1lb 10oz baby in December so this is bringing back memories. Just know the doctors and nurses that are taking care of Axton (love his name!) are very good. Good luck! Keep up on the pain meds for the first couple weeks, there is no need to hurt. (k the nurse side of me is starting to come out!)

Misha said...

Hi Kami! Just wanted you to know that you and Axton are in our prayers. This is Misha, by the way. If there's anything you need, let me know. I'd be happy to watch the kids for you, or help out. Also I have TONS of preemie clothes. Let me know.

David and Melissa Belnap said...

He has changed alot in just a week!! He is a handsome little guy!! I am praying for no surgery!!

The Owens Family said...

He's a cutie!! Hopefully you can avoid surgery. My middle daughter has heart defects too; she's had 3 surgeries. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Seth and Natalie said...

What a sweet little guy, and so teeny tiny! I hope that both you and him recover quickly and you can all be home as a family.